mandag den 16. marts 2009

Subject: Love

So I asked a friend from high school, Simone, what would be interesting to blog about. She answered, "Love and its many facets." Immediately, I went for the Bible (as it's a biblical subject I've been concentrating a lot about lately after my trip to Israel/Palestine) - to which she answered: "I just meant generally that love has many sides." Then she also suggested: "Or [you could write about] violence in relationships." And that had me thinking...

As you can see, I already started brainstorming as I spoke with her. I thought out loud, sent her a link to the Bible online and gave her the quotes I found. Even as I write this, I have started to part and dissecate the subject as it is such a big subject.

So, instead of doing one blog entry, I'm taking it in smaller bites. This is both inspired by the two different approaches Simone and I have to the subject, and by the list of studies I applied to when I applied for the university - especially theatre studies and theology.

What I'm planning to write about is:
  • Love in the Bible
    - which could include something about the situation in Israel/Palestine
    - and could be a good one for theology.
  • Love between human beings (regardless of ... well, anything).
  • Love on stage
    - including Shakespeare (remind me to quote Jonatan Spang on this!)
    - could also include love in the media
    - and you might have quessed it, this one is attached to theatre studies.
  • Love for your roots - your identity
    - could be an entry in true Paul Auster-style!
    - and is attached to Dutch
    - or now that I mentioned Paul Auster, it can be hooked on English.
  • Violence in relationships.

So, now I have yet another list for times with a writer's block - and I didn't even need LiveJournal for this one. Hooray!

Ingen kommentarer: